Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar (CMUQ) is seeking an outstanding leader for the Student Affairs and International Education unit. In addition to expertise and experience in all the traditional areas of this office, and in the management of a team, we are looking for a charismatic, approachable, and caring Assistant Dean for our students. We expect energy, dynamism, and a constant open mind to students’ suggestions, and to change. We like to enable our students to take initiatives on campus, and we strive to offer them the means to bring their ideas to life.
The ideal candidate should:
- Display a commitment to the welfare of students, an understanding of the unique demands and opportunities of a rigorous curriculum, and a commitment to developing students in all realms of personal and professional welfare.
- Demonstrate fluency in working with students, faculty, and staff with diverse backgrounds, cultures and ambitions will be an essential asset.
- Understand and have experience working in Universities with an American-based Education.
- Exhibit Intercultural competency. Knowledge of the Middle-Eastern culture with fluency in Arabic is preferred.
- Have an advanced or terminal degree and not less than ten years of full-time professional experience, with a demonstrated experience in successfully managing staff and operations.
Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar
For more than a century, Carnegie Mellon University has challenged the curious and passionate to imagine and deliver work that matters. A private, top-ranked and global university, Carnegie Mellon sets its own course with programs that inspire creativity and collaboration.
In 2004, Carnegie Mellon and Qatar Foundation began a partnership to deliver select programs that will contribute to the long-term development of Qatar. Today, Carnegie Mellon Qatar offers undergraduate programs in biological sciences, business administration, computational biology, computer science, and information systems. Nearly 400 students from 35 countries call Carnegie Mellon Qatar home.
How to Apply
Applications for this position close on 15 March 2019, but we would encourage you to make contact at your earliest convenience.For further information, download the Assistant Dean of Students Affairs & International Education information pack here